What is CMG Ltd?
- CMG is owned by 262 shareholder members. Each owns one £50 share.
- CMG comprises of 8 regional groups. Each has it's own marketing committee, whose Chairman is appointed to the CMG board.
- CMG has an agreement with Openfield for the provision of management, marketing and administration services.
How CMG operates.
- Under the Openfield 'umbrella', we have access to all major UK & world consumers.
- CMG also sells directly to other regional and niche markets.
- CMG maximises all outlets within a 50 mile radius of each group centre to minimise haulage costs & risk.
- Marketeers provide information and prices. Local committees agree selling mandates, which are executed and reported back monthly.
Why is CMG different?
- Our use of local marketing committees which have a major input to pool price fixing is unique.
- CMG only markets grain on behalf of its members.
- The local committees gather market information, decide upon selling mandates, and follow them through! Where possible, grain is traded into local homes only.
- CMG is a transparent operation, committees are kept abreast of all sales (and haulage costs etc) as they are made so there are no surprises at the end of the pool period.